Monday, February 2, 2009

Progress

So, I'm not a good student. I never have been. I've had Senioritis since sixth grade. My parents have tried way too many things to get me to be a good student. Right now, I'm being watched and medicated for what the doctor is calling "ADHD Inattentive Type". Basically, the meds just help me focus, which is probably a good thing, since my focus sucks when I don't give a damn about what someone is talking about, which happens a lot at school. The problem is, I've been on this stuff since about halfway through the summer, but my grades haven't miraculously gotten better. First quarter, I failed three classes. Second quarter, two.
The thing is, I've had a change of heart. Something like that, anyway. Probably more like a change of mind. I've sort of decided that now, homework may actually be worth my time. It's probably because I need to apply to colleges like, now, if I want to be accepted in time to go next semester. So, now I'm working my butt off to make sure all my stuff is done and in on time. It's weird, but I think it's actually easier to just do the work than it was to dance around it, waiting for it to be too late to matter.

That's not the most important thing in my life right now, though. The most important thing is that I recently had tech work! I love working on shows. It causes me to focus on something and work hard for a few weeks at a time, which is really good for me. Plus, I need all the experience I can get if I hope to be any good at this stuff in college.
The cool part about this show is that none of my family members were in it. I was called to work on it simply because they knew I was good. And they were willing to pay me for my work. I've always been happy doing it for these guys for free, but getting paid is awesome.

So, as an added distraction from legitimate concerns, I'm crushing on this girl. It's ridiculous. Romance is just not a good plan for me, so you'd think I'd be smart enough to avoid this sort of thing. *sigh*
So, most of the time, she's a complete bitch. Like, to everyone. She randomly says these horrible, awful, just mean things to people, she looks at you like you're garbage, and she almost definitely thinks she's better than you. But then there are these times when she's actually pretty fun. She's funny, she's intelligent, and she's actually nice. It's so weird. It's not just those times that I'm attracted to her, though. I'm even smiling when she's being a bitch. It's like, I'm enamored by how hard she tries to insult me. Clearly, there's something wrong with me. And I don't particularly care, because this crazy bitch is fantastic, and if there's a healthier relationship waiting for me somewhere, I want no part of it.

Well, this is a huge idiot, signing off to do homework.

No comments: